Join us on sample date
About the Autism Hero Walk: Virtual Edition
This year's Autism Hero Walk has gone virtual in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Register your fundraising team here and then join us on Facebook for six weeks of interactive content that will accomplish three major goals:
1. Celebrate your hero with autism
2. Raise funds to support the work of Autism Alliance of Michigan
3. Spread awareness and education about autism
On July 26th, 2020, we will wear our green superhero shirts and walk united, in the safety of our own neighborhoods. This “closing ceremony” will mark the conclusion of an epic six weeks of awareness and unity.
1. View and download the Participant Tool Kit for a step by step guide on how to participate
2. Register and setup your fundraising page or team here on this website
3. Join the Autism Hero Walk: Virtual Edition Facebook Group
4. Walk with us on Sunday, July 26th from the safety of your neighborhood
Autism Alliance of Michigan provides its programming at no cost to individuals and families with autism. This is only possible through fundraising events like the Autism Hero Walk. We encourage all participants to donate and fundraise to help AAoM continue its work for Michigan families.
- One t-shirt for every $25 raised
- $500- Customized Yard Sign, T-shirts
- $1,000- Featured “Hero of the Week” on social media, Special Edition Green Cape, Customized Yard Sign, and T-shirts
Incentive Pickup Days:
Two weeks leading up the closing ceremony/united walk, AAoM will provide dates where participants can come pickup their earned fundraising incentives. Stay tuned for the date and location of the pickup. Each family will also receive an Autism Resource bag during the fundraising incentive pickup days containing information about AAoM's programming and other autism service providers in Michigan.
Facebook Group Schedule:
The six weeks of interactive content will take place on the Autism Hero Walk: Virtual Edition Facebook group. Click here to join that group. Below is the tentative schedule of weekly content:
- Monday: Super Challenge of the Week: Each week, AAoM will release a new challenge to participants to participate in.
- Tuesday: Featured Super Hero of the Week
- Wednesday: Webinar Wednesday (AAoM & partners will provide a free autism-specific webinar)
- Thursday: Open to Share Participant Content
- Friday: Open to Share Participant Content
- Saturday: Super Team Saturday
- Sunday: Super Sponsor Sunday